Friday, July 18, 2008

Personal Branding: Your Key to Greater Sales

Personal branding.

What is it?

For 2 years, I marketed and sold for the Home Depot and the more experienced salespeople told me repeatedly, the name Home Depot gets you to the house for the sales appointment. But the customer buys you -- the salesperson.

Although I was involved in marketing for for-profits and non-profits this was really the first time I thought how personal branding can be more important than corporate branding.

The customer buys you . . . or, if you're in a business networking group, the other business owners refer business to you.

The way you conduct yourself means you are your own best brand or the reason your brand won't succeed.

This article on Hubpages
How to become an expert in personal branding online ? made me think about personal branding in new ways and I encourage you to read it.

A few tips to build your personal brand:

  • Return phone calls promptly

  • Be on time

  • Invoice your customers promptly (reduces confusion and boosts your cash flow)

  • If you can't deliver a service or product, be honest up front.

No comments: