Saturday, October 3, 2009

Marketing tips for Twitter

Here is a free marketing tip using Twitter.

Twitter is a viable marketing tool yet it must follow the rules for all social marketing:

Offer valuable how-to information
Talk about other businesses, too
Re-tweet posts from other users
Offer humorous tweets (posts)

Here is a loose formula that I've read about and have seen others follow when using Twitter.

1) Send about 7 - 10 msgs a day when you Tweet. Maybe more when the time is appropriate.
2) Tweet on at least 3 different days per week. Preferably 5 days per week.
3) Make 1/3 of Tweets about someone else, 1/3 your business, 1/3 helpful insights

What should your Return on Investment be when using Twitter?

I have 530 followers and counting on Twitter.

When I write an article on one of my sites, I put the link into Bit.ly and then go to Twitter.

After I post on Twitter, the immediate click through number on Bit.ly is about 1.5% of my Twitter followers.

Scott Allen is a social media and former About.com guide whom I've been following for a few years. He says about 2% return is likely.

An encouraging stat is I'm beginning to see more clicks on Bit.ly for old Twitter posts.

Twitter is a viable marketing tool but don't just talk about your business and make sure you offer valuable information for others to read.

Click here to read articles on business resources around So Cal

No comments: