Thursday, July 11, 2013

Marketing Interview Questions and Why I Ask


Marketing begins with the interview, a series of questions designed to pull out the "why" a business exists, the promised result for customers and clients, and the deeply held values for the entrepreneur-business owner.
As a writer, the interview questions are essential to get me "inside" the mind of the entrepreneur and the people I'm interviewing.
I recently wrote web copy for two hotels where I spent the night. I toured the properties and interviewed some of the key staff at length.
The interview gave me the chance to pull out the unique qualities the hotels possessed and to give the reader a greater chance to experience the property via the web.
Marketing generates promised results when the target customer or client has a positive experience and gains value.
I'll share some of my questions in the next post.

No comments: