Sunday, June 21, 2009

marketing to brand loyal customers

Are you a brand loyal customer?

This morning I stopped for coffee as I took my wife and daughter to the airport for a pre-dawn flight to Minneapolis. Brand loyal customers are big in the coffee business, right? Think Starbucks! My son, my brother and my brother-in-law are loyal to the Starbucks brand. That's their first choice for coffee. It's the coffee my brother-in-law even brews at his house.

But when it comes to me I'm not brand loyal as a coffee drinker.

My favorite coffee is brewed at our local donut shop and I don't know what brand they use. It costs me $ 1.35 for a large cup of coffee.

I do like McDonald's coffee more than Starbucks but I'm not loyal to the McDonald's brand. Coffee is about the only item I'll purchase at McDonald's.

When it comes to coffee, I shop for both taste and price but not the brand.

I'm not brand loyal when it comes to gasoline, either. I'll choose AM-PM over any of the top tier gasoline brands usually because of price and because I drive a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder that I have serviced regularly.

But I could become loyal to the Nissan brand of cars since I've heard so many people talk about them favorably and my Pathfinder is running smoothly.

So where am I brand loyal? It's hard to say. I'll need to think about where I am brand loyal. But thanks for asking!

So what does it take to create brand loyalty? It's a good subject for another post.

No comments: